Art Gallery Committee Sought
The Burnsville Performing Arts Center is forming a volunteer committee to assist with operation of the Visual Arts Gallery at the Center.
Ideal participants may have the following backgrounds: Artists, art instructors, community members with experience in gallery operations or visual arts, college students pursuing art or art history degrees.
Responsibilities – Under the general direction of the Burnsville Performing Arts Center Executive Director, the Committee will provide coordination for all aspects of gallery operations. Coordination for exhibits includes:
- Curating: Select artists and artwork, approve artwork to be displayed. Plan art gallery calendar of following year in June. Review proposals, communicate acceptance or denial to applicants.
- Installation: Plan layout of artwork dependent on size, color, composition, and content. Hang artwork. Direct lighting of artwork. Create and put artwork labels on display. Create informational brochure to be displayed at entrance of gallery. Each exhibit needs at least two eight-hour days of installation. Handle artwork drop off and pick up details. Prepare and distribute agreements with artists and organization.
- Opening reception: Coordinate opening reception details including music, food and beverage. Fundraise and secure donations.
- PR/Marketing: Create and distribute press release, email “Gallery News” list invite to opening, promote exhibits and openings through online social networks and post info on online community calendars. Update and provide content for Art Gallery pages on BPAC website.
- Working with the BPAC Business Manager, manage and encourage art gallery sales and ensure artists receive payment. Manage art gallery budget, consisting of commission sales, and to be used on opening reception costs and maintenance of gallery, supplies (labels, cardstock paper for info brochure), etc.
- Document details of each exhibit, including image and artist list, archive programs and press clippings.
and THANK YOU in advance!